Customer service has been a thriving area since quite some time in business sector. Apparently, it is being said that the cost of acquiring a new customer is five times than that of retaining an existing one. There is a fundamental golden rule for good customer service that if you were the customer, you would have want to meet the same expectations. Rendering good customer service is often a matter of common sense but as it is well-known that common sense is not so common these days and entrepreneurs do not fall into this ambit either.
Hence, experts from IBSAR are telling some tips to deliver excellent customer service:
- Great customer service begins with you. If you are being apathetic towards your customers, your employees will mimic it. In contrast, if you are enthusiastic and courteous, your troops are more likely to be so as well.
- Emphasize on building long-term relationships with your customers. Short-term sales incentives can sometimes undermine long-term customer satisfaction. Refrain from that by building short-term programs which reward broader improvements.
- Involve your customers in the events organized by company and make them feel that they are an indispensable part of the organization.
- The little things make huge difference. Small gestures which anticipate customers’ needs or attend to their comforts, for instance offering a glass of cold water on a sweltering day, go a long way towards winning them over.
- Communication is the most significant element in retaining customers. A personalized “Thank you” note or even a follow-up phone call a month or later makes your customers feel that you value them.
- In retail businesses, loyalty programs or rewards cards drive repeat business as well as help you gather information about interests of the customers by monitoring what they are buying. Appreciate the presence of your customers.
- Resolve the disputes of your customers without any delay. It’s already bad enough if your customer is unhappy with your product or service. But if your attempt to redress the problem is not encouraging enough, it is only going to make the situation worse.
IBSAR Mumbai is one of the best business schools which offers MBA in various disciplines.